Designed with narrower dimensions and a tighter turning radius, the Terex TA2S site dumper has enhanced maneuverability so that it can work more efficiently in tight places. The TA2S is a standard-discharge, swivel-tip site dumper with a 4,400-lb. (2,000 kg) capacity. It is perfectly matched to the bucket capacity of a mini excavator and is ideally suited for smaller plant users and the rental market, according to the manufacturer.
The TA2S will replace the Terex PS2000 site dumper when it enters into production this year.
“We believe that the new TA2S will be popular in the North American market,” said Tom Reith, Terex Construction product manager. “Terex has made major investments to expand our product portfolio, proving that Terex is committed to delivering productive, reliable and easy-to-operate machines to suit the needs of all customers.”
Part of the TA2 site dumper family, the new TA2S uses a Newage drivetrain combined with the 32.6-hp (24.5 kW) EPA interim Tier IV-compliant Kubota water-cooled diesel engine.
All of the site dumpers in the TA2 family will be available in a wide variety of tipping and transmission configurations to fit every customer’s need.
With a 1.6-cu.-yd. (1.2 cu m) heaped skip capacity, a total width of 4 ft. 9 in. (1.5 cm) and a maximum travel speed of 10 mph (16 kmh), the new TA2 site dumper models are practical for users who move materials and dirt around tight construction sites.
The TA2S also has a new gas-operated folding ROPS frame for ease of use, plus easy maintenance access for the engine. Steel tanks have been included, in addition to a tough leg guard, to protect the driver from debris when operating the unit. The side exit exhaust system and Venturi on the TA2S helps to reduce dust being blown up from the floor and gives improved impact protection.
The Terex TA2 site dumper family will consist of the:
• TA2 — 4,400-lb. (2,000 kg) capacity, forward tip — manual transmission
• TA2S — 4,400-lb. (2,000 kg) capacity, swivel tip — manual transmission
• TA2SE — 4,400-lb. (2,000 kg) capacity, high discharge swivel tip — manual transmission
• TA2H — 4,400-lb. (2,000 kg) capacity, forward tip — hydrostatic transmission
• TA2EH — 4,400-lb. (2,000 kg) capacity, high discharge forward tip — hydrostatic transmission
• TA2SH — 4,400-lb. (2,000 kg) capacity, swivel tip — hydrostatic transmission
• TA2SEH — 4,400-lb. (2,000 kg) capacity, high discharge swivel tip — hydrostatic transmission
Some models are not available in all world markets.
The “E” (for “elevated discharge”) machines are able to hydraulically rise to enable discharge into small trucks or other haulers. The “S’ machines are swivel-tip models, enabling easy and simple discharge to either side of the machine, as well as easy accessibility in restricted sites.
For more information, visit www.terex.com.
Today's top stories