The Wyoming Transportation Commission awarded ten Highway contracts totaling $16 million at its meeting recently.
Crews will rehabilitate three interchanges near the Interstate 90 and 25 junction to improve pavement conditions.
The Wyoming Transportation Commission awarded S & S Builders, of Gillette, a $3.9 million contract for slab and bridge work on a 3-mi. section of road near Buffalo in Johnson County. The commission awarded that and nine other contracts totaling $16 million at its meeting recently.
For the I-25 and I-90 work, crews will repair cracked pavement and make bridge repairs to improve road conditions. The contract completion date is Oct. 31, 2019.
Other contracts the commission awarded included paving, sign installation and rockfall mitigation.
Northern Improvement Co., of Fargo, N.D., won a $2.1 million pavement project. Workers will remove the old pavement, put an overlay on top and then add chip seal to 7.5 mi. of U.S. 85 between Newcastle and Four Corners in Weston County.
The contract completion date is Oct. 31, 2019.
The commission awarded Kilgore Co., of Rock Springs, a $1.8 million contract for a pavement project and bridge work on 2 mi. of U.S. 189 near Kemmerer in Lincoln County. The contract completion date is Oct. 31, 2019.
Mountain Construction Co., of Lovell, was the low bidder on a $1.5 million pavement project on 5 mi. of WYO 30 between Basin and Burlington in Big Horn County.
Crews will remove the old pavement, add an overlay and then chip seal the pavement to prevent moisture from getting inside. The contract completion date is Oct. 31, 2019.
The commission also awarded contracts for:
- $1.3 million to Intermountain Slurry Seal Inc., of Watsonville, Calif., for a pavement project on 11 mi. of I-25 between Chugwater and Wheatland in Platte County by July 31, 2019;
- $1.3 million to Reiman Corp., of Cheyenne, for a traffic signal upgrade and sidewalk and curbing project on Poplar and West Collins streets and Wyoming Boulevard and 13th Street in Casper in Natrona County by Aug. 1, 2019;
- $1.3 million to DeBernardi Construction Co., of Rock Springs, for a bridge approach slab replacement at two bridges on Interstate 80 near Rock Springs and one on U.S. 30 near Granger in Sweetwater County by Oct. 31, 2019;
- $1.2 million to Century Companies Inc., of Lewistown, Mont., for pavement work between Riverton and Shoshoni on WYO 789 and U.S. 20-26 in Shoshoni in Fremont County by Oct. 31, 2019;
- $913,923 to Rock Solid Solutions, of Parachute, Colo., for fence installation work as part of a rockfall mitigation project on U.S. 14-16-10 between Yellowstone Park and Cody in Park County by May 31, 2019; and
- $884,884 to Casper Electric, of Casper, for variable speed limit sign installation at several locations on I-25 in Casper by June 30, 2019.
Today's top stories