Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport
The U.S. Department of Transportation has approved funding for several airport projects in Maine, including a $2.56 million investment in the Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport's terminal project.
“I'm pleased this funding has been approved. From airport terminals to runway enhancements, these projects represent a step forward not only for safety but also our economy,” said U.S. Rep. Mike Michaud, a longtime member of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, in a press release. “Investments in our airport infrastructure help ensure Maine communities stay connected and competitive.”
• $2.5 million to Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport for a terminal building expansion needed to enable more efficient movement of passengers through the gate holding area.
• $68,553 to Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport to paint markings on the airstrip's pavement. The pavement markings are required to enhance aircraft visual guidance and enhance safety of aircraft movements.
• $750,000 to Bethel Regional Airport to construct a terminal building, access road, parking lot, and electrical vault. This will be a multi-year grant with $600,000 in fiscal year 2013 funding. The remaining $150,000 of entitlements will be added by amendment subject to future appropriations through fiscal year 2014.
• $526,302 to Pittsfield Municipal Airport for an apron expansion needed to accommodate the increased use of the general aviation facilities.
• $365,862 to Dewitt Field, Old Town Municipal Airport to reconstruct the existing taxi-lane pavement that has reached the end of its useful life.
• $222,897 to Northern Aroostook Regional Airport to construct a hangar building to assist the airport to be as self-sustaining as possible by generating revenue.
• $216,000 to Northern Maine Regional Airport to remove obstructions in Runway 01 approach and transitional surfaces. This grant will provide funding to install wind cones, which will enhance aircraft visual guidance and enhance safety of aircraft movements.
• $31,500 to Northern Aroostook Regional Airport to maintain structural integrity of the pavement and to minimize foreign object debris on the runway. This grant will provide funding for Runway 14/32 crack sealing.
• $162,808 to Bangor International Airport to maintain structural integrity of the pavement and terminal foundation of the apron. This grant will provide federal funding for the design phase of the apron repair project.
• $94,500 to Greenville Municipal Airport to update the existing master plan to help identify future airport needs.