Volvo Construction Equipment has developed a new class of milling machines for the road development industry with the introduction of the Volvo MT2000 and Volvo MW500. With the addition of these two milling machines to its road machinery product line, Volvo now offers equipment for every phase of roadway construction and rehabilitation, from milling and grading to paving and compaction.
Volvo MT2000 Milling Machine
The Volvo MT2000 is a four-track, front-load, half-lane milling machine powered by a 610-hp. (455 kW) Tier III Cummins engine.
The Volvo MT2000 offers three distinct engine and drum cutting speeds selectable from the operator’s panel. The low-speed selection provides higher torque at a lower engine rpm to power through tough material or deep-cut applications. The high-speed selection is available for maximum travel speed on shallow cutting depths. The standard cutting speed is used to provide maximum horsepower and efficiency at normal cutting depths.
The Volvo MT2000 can run both 78.74-in. (200 cm) and 86.02-in. (218 cm) wide drums.
In addition, the new Volvo MT2000 offers:
• Four-track system with features to improve milling performance
• Independently controlled gathering and discharge conveyors with variable speed adjustment to meet cutting drum capacity
• Dual operating stations with advanced technology in intuitive operator panels
• Flexibility to control both sides of machine and front or rear from one grade and slope control panel
• Serviceability with walk-in engine compartment
Volvo MW500 Milling Machine
The Volvo MW500 is a four-wheel, rear-loading, utility-class milling machine that offers a standard cutting width of 19.69 in. (50 cm). Because of its compact size and maneuverability, ideal applications include patching, joints, trenching and close cutting around street and roadway obstructions.
The four-wheel Volvo MW500 has an extremely tight cutting radius of 7.87 in. (20 cm), which is comparable to many three-wheel machines on the market. The right-rear support leg and wheel can be swiveled inboard for flush cutting.
The Volvo MW500 offers all-wheel-drive for optimal traction and features anti-slip control (ASC) as standard. Volvo’s line manager system works in conjunction with the ASC to allow the operator to maintain a constant speed of operation and direction of travel without being adversely affected by the rotation of the milling drum.
The 29.53-in. (75 cm) diameter drum offers a maximum cutting depth of 8.27 in. (21 cm) with a standard cutting width of 19.69 in. (50 cm).
In addition, the new Volvo MW500 offers:
• Optional conveyor package with quick-disconnect conveyor and hydraulically raised rear moldboard
• Adjustable steering wheel column and innovative control panel with automatic precision depth control and advanced diagnostic capabilities
For more information, visit www.volvo.com.