In voluntary cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Deere & Co. is recalling certain 4000 Ten Series compact utility contractors.
There is a possibility that some of the roll-over protective structure (ROPS) cap screws that were installed on 4210, 4310 and 4410 compact utility tractors in January and February may fail. Failure of the cap screws could adversely affect the strength of the ROPS, which is intended to protect the tractor operator in the event of a roll over. The suspect cap screws are used to fasten the ROPS to the rear axle housing –– four on each side.
Model Serial Number Ranges:
• 4210 CUT with Hydrostatic Transmission LV4210H320674 through LV4210H320773
• 4310 CUT with Hydrostatic Transmission LV4310H331062 through LV4310H331359
• 4310 CUT with PowrReverser Transmission LV4310P335452 through LV4310P335550
• 4410 CUT with Hydrostatic Transmission LV4410H340381 through LV4410H340592
• 4410 CUT with PowrReverser Transmission LV4410P345138 through LV4410P345179
Contact your John Deere dealer immediately to make arrangements for installation of improved parts. If the ROPS is missing one or more of the eight cap screws, do not drive the tractor until your John Deere Dealer has repaired it.
For more information, call 800/537-8233.