Katherine Kelly, vice president of product support, and Chris Kelly, senior vice president, both of Kelly Tractor, stand in front of this Caterpillar 320 Next Gen excavator.
Kelly Tractor Co. and SITECH South hosted their first Construction Technology Days event April 11 to 13 in Miami, Fl., adjacent to the Kelly Tractor headquarters.
Demonstrations started each day at 10 a.m. and concluded at 3 p.m. during the three-day event, which provided contractors with the opportunity to see and try out the latest and most advanced machine control and guidance technology in action. More than 55 different companies attended this event.
Caterpillar equipment on site, outfitted with Trimble technology, included:
- 320 Next Gen excavator with factory 2D;
- 336 FL excavator earthworks technology with GPS 3D indicate only;
- 336 F excavator earthworks technology with automatic for GPS 3D;
- 120M2 motorgrader with UTS and Sonic;
- D5K2 dozer integrated from factory with GPS 3D and UTS;
- D5K2 dozer earthworks technology mastless with GPS 3D;
- D6N dozer earthworks technology mastless with GPS 3D;
- AP500 paver with UTS and Sonic;
- 980M loader with factory payload scales;
- 279D skid steer w/dual cylinder laser box blade; and
- 305.5 mini-excavator with 2D laser system.
Trimble Site Positioning Systems help contractors take control of the job site, perform tasks more productively and efficiently, meet tighter specifications and avoid rework. From the field, truck or office, the entire crew can be connected and equipped with accurate positioning, consistent digital design information and the ability to locate, measure and record information. Contractors can share information, track results instantly, make smarter decisions, and easily manage multiple job sites.
Kelly Tractor Co., now celebrating its 85th Anniversary serving the South Florida market as the authorized Caterpillar distributor, offers its customers a wide selection of top quality construction equipment with the latest technology and the best product support programs in the industry.
As the sole Trimble Construction Technologies dealer operating within Alabama, Georgia, and South Florida, SITECH South offers a centralized, one-stop location for advanced construction technology needs. From heavy and highway construction, to jobsite positioning technology and asset tracking, SITECH carries the tools, training and support needed to succeed.