The FH Series was designed to utilize drive and control components that have been used for many years in Komatsu construction equipment.
The new FH Series forklift offers Komatsu diesel powered pneumatic tire models with 9,000/10,000/11,000 lbs. of capacity with Komatsu’s hydro-static drive system (HST), advanced closed-center load sensing hydraulic system (CLSS), and KOMTRAX, Komatsu’s GPRS/GPS information delivery and tracking system.
The FH Series was designed to utilize drive and control components that have been used for many years in Komatsu construction equipment. The FH drive system is “electronically-controlled hydro-static” or HST. These drive-line components have earned high marks for their quality and reliability in years of use in Komatsu construction equipment like wheel loaders and dozers.
The forklift’s hydraulic system uses a variable displacement pump with “closed-center load sensing” or CLSS that is a highly efficient hydraulic system used in Komatsu’s hydraulic excavators. All FH Series models are powered by a Komatsu designed and manufactured diesel engine that features advanced engine technologies to achieve increased fuel economy, reduced environmental impact, and increased controllability.
Komatsu’s HST/CLSS/ and SAA4D95LE-5 diesel engine work in harmony to achieve significant fuel economy, especially in tough, high-cycle operations where fast-paced loading, unloading, and directional changes are prevalent.
New FH Series features include:
• Komatsu engineered and manufactured, electronically-controlled hydro-static drive system — HST
• Komatsu designed and manufactured turbo-charged diesel engine — SAA4D95LE-5, is Interim Tier IV compliant without sacrificing power or productivity
• Spacious operator compartment with full suspension seat
• Tilt and telescopic steering console with small diameter steering wheel and spinner knob
• Fully hydrostatic power steering
• Airtight wet disc brake system to assure exceptional overall durability and low operational costs
• Closed-center load sensing hydraulic system (CLSS) that efficiently produces just the right amount of flow and hydraulic pressures demanded by the situation maximizing fuel efficiency
• HST drive allows for directional changes to be accomplished smoothly without releasing the accelerator pedal enhancing ease of operation
• Adjustable auto engine shutdown system prevents needless idling — saving fuel and operational costs
• Adjustable “turtle” control switch offers four different control speed settings for precise speed control in tight working situations
Another standard feature on the FH series is KOMTRAX, a remote equipment and fleet monitoring system. Wireless technology and a secure, user-friendly, web-based application provide critical information…anytime, anywhere. KOMTRAX tells you where your machines are, what they are doing, and how they are doing it, providing total fleet management capabilities for improved fleet utilization, reduced downtime, and lower owning and operating costs. KOMTRAX can help keep your machines operating at peak performance and provides useful information on operator habits and abilities. KOMTRAX also provides the information you need to maximize output through increased efficiencies, just-in-time maintenance, and preventive maintenance.
For more information, call 847/437-1823 or visit www.kfiusa.com.
Today's top stories