This 1948 bulldozer was restored to working order and will be displayed at the Charlotte Aviation Museum.
PIRTEK South End not only reduces customers’ downtime but it also helped to preserve a piece of its community’s history.
The PIRTEK Center received a request from the city of Charlotte to re-hose a 1948 bulldozer for display at the Charlotte Aviation Museum located next to the Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
Originally established in 1935 as the Charlotte Municipal Airport, it has been through several renovations. The dozer was used during the first phase of renovations in the 1950’s and due in part to PIRTEK Mobile Sales and Service Technician (MSST) Brandon Schiess, will be in working order again.
Schiess replaced the worn hydraulic lines that run the front blade movement and the steel hydraulic lines going from the pump to the drive motors, which were re-engineered due to rebuilding and retrofitting the motors. Several other parts were replaced to make the machine operational and free of oil leaks such as fuel lines, gaskets and o-rings.