The Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association (SC&RA) announced 25 crane operator safety awards during its 2014 annual conference, April 22 to 26, at the Boca Raton Resort, Boca Raton, Fla. This award is presented to certified crane operators who exhibit exemplary work achievements while accumulating 10,000 consecutive man-hours and recording zero accidents and incidents. Winners represent nine different companies:
• AmQuip Crane Rental LLC, Philadelphia, Pa. — Rodney Campbell
• Bridger Crane & Rigging LLC, Boulder, Wyo. — Dave Cordova
• Chellino Crane Inc., Joliet, Ill. — Mike Meister, Christopher Miller and James Schultz
• Consolidated Crane Co., Houston, Texas — Marvin Bosworth, Warren Bovey, Manuel Galvan, Melvin Henley, Melvin Mixon, Michael Seale and Dwayne Zatopek
• Custom Service Crane Inc., Mahomet, Ill. — Luke Simmons
• Dawes Rigging & Crane Rental, Milwaukee, Wis. — Preston Freeman, Chad Kimpfbeck, Brian Schroeder and Brett Szyszkiewicz
• Dutcher-Phipps Crane & Rigging Company, Monahans, Texas — Tyrel Dutcher and Raul Sandoval
• Mountain Crane Service, Salt Lake City, Utah — Greg Hale, Roy Justice, Bowdy Pingree and Doug Steinfeldt
• Tri-State Crane & Rigging, Cedar Rapids, Iowa — Gene Bagby and Eric Wincentsen
The Specialized Carriers and Rigging Association (SC&RA) is an international trade association of more than 1,300 members from 43 nations. Members are involved in specialized transportation, machinery moving and erecting, industrial maintenance, millwrighting and crane and rigging operations, manufacturing and rental. SC&RA helps members run more efficient and safer businesses by monitoring and affecting pending legislation and regulatory policies at the state and national levels; researching and reporting on safety concerns and best business practices; and providing four yearly forums where these and other relevant member issues can be advanced.
For more information, visit www.scranet.org.