Crane Institute of America awarded prizes to five individuals during this year’s ConExpo-Con/AGG. Prizes included "The Complete Package," a new train-the-trainer combination program, which allows trainers to become a Crane Institute of America certified trainer and a Crane Institute Certification (CIC) authorized practical examiner in two weeks.
Crane Institute of America congratulated the following individuals for "Unlocking the Key to Safety" during the show:
• Larry Hopkins, Operating Engineers Training Trust, Whittier, Calif.
• Jeff Smith, PAR Electrical Contractors, Kansas City, Mo.
• Hugh Baptiste, AFC Crane Hawaii Inc., Honolulu, Hawaii
• Shannon Syzdek, Liebherr, Houston, Texas
• Simon and Linda Dzajkich, Southwest Concrete Products, Oak Hills, Calif.
The mobile crane complete package covers current standards, causes of accidents, interpreting load charts, pre-op inspection and crane setup. In addition, trainers may lease Crane Institute of America’s online training program materials. Both limited and unlimited licenses are available.
Upon completion of the CIC authorized practical examiner portion of the package, trainers can conduct in-house practical exams to certify crane operators to meet or exceed OSHA requirements. CIC is a nationally accredited, OSHA-recognized certification for crane operators, riggers, and signalpersons.
For information, visit www.craneinstitute.com.
Today's top stories