The Caterpillar D11R and D11R carrydozer now include enhancements.
The D11R carrydozer, introduced in August of 1998, is a complete dozing system with all electronic controls, semi-automatic blade features and a unique dozer blade designed to handle large mining jobs like prime stripping and reclamation with ease.
Both the D11R and D11R carrydozer’s new features include:
• The Cat 3508B EUI engine continues to power the D11R and D11R carrydozer. Rated at 634 kilowatts (850 hp), this electronically controlled engine meets EPA and CARB emissions requirements for 2000.
• The fuel tank refill capacity has increased to 1,609 liters (425 gal.) from 1,471 liters (388 gal.) on both tractors.
• The power train of both the D11R and D11R carrydozer now features AutoShift which, when activated, automatically shifts the transmission from first forward to second reverse and from second reverse to first forward, when the operator makes a directional change. Operators can choose between manual shifting or the automatic shifting feature, depending on the application and/or the operator’s preference.
Those features which are new to the D11R include:
• The D11R now features the Caterpillar Vital Information Display System (VIDS). VIDS is an advanced diagnostic and equipment management tool designed to provide lower operating cost per ton. This information management system continues to be available on the D11R carrydozer.
• The D11R joins the D11R carrydozer with electro-hydraulic dozer and ripper controls. The low effort, comfortable hand controls have no mechanical linkages and offer semi-automatic blade functions which significantly lower operator fatigue resulting in increased productivity.
• The D11R now incorporates AutoPitch, an automated blade feature like that of the D11R carrydozer. The Automated Blade Assist (ABA) is a semi-automatic dozer control function that increases efficiency and reduces operator workload by automating some of the more common blade functions.
• Like the D11R carrydozer, the keypad of the D11R allows the operator to access and acknowledge machine and system information provided by VIDS, activate semi-automatic dozer functions, access gauge values, customize factory settings and change operator preferences on the message center module. The easy-to-use keypad works in conjunction with VIDS, allowing the operator to view details from alert messages to assist in diagnosis and fast troubleshooting.
Enhancements to the D11R carrydozer include:
• The D11R carrydozer now has replaceable, hard steel wear plating and router bits on the blade for added wear resistance, additional strength and durability.
• The D11R carrydozer also features two ripper configurations to match different applications. The single shank ripper is best used in applications where penetration is difficult or when more lift is needed. The multi-shank ripper is best used in less severe applications or when ripping close to a wall. This configuration offers the flexibility of one, two or three shanks.
Today's top stories