Our Main Office
Construction Equipment Guide
470 Maryland Drive
Fort Washington, PA 19034
Sat November 15, 2008 - National Edition
Efficiency Production Inc., a manufacturer of trench shielding and shoring, has launched a first-of-its-kind trench shield repair and recertification service.
The program aims to “repair and recertify” used or damaged trench shields by repairing the shield’s damaged components and then recertifying the trench shield with new OSHA compliant P.E. certified manufacturer’s tabulated data, including new depth ratings.
“With steel prices soaring and no relief in sight, Efficiency wants to provide the underground utility industry with a cost effective alternative to purchasing new equipment,” explained Ken Forsberg, president of Efficiency Production. “Even though some used trench shields are beyond repair, many are repairable, and can be repaired and recertified at an affordable cost.”
Efficiency Production is the first manufacturer of trench shielding and shoring to launch a trench shield repair and recertification service, and will include other manufacturer’s trench shields, shoring, or support equipment like bedding boxes.
According to the manufacturer, the service will save contractors money by repairing and recertifying their existing trench shields or shoring systems, providing a cost effective alternative to buying new trench safety equipment.
The trench shield repair and recertification service includes:
• Step 1 — Contractor contacts Efficiency or local distributor for a Trench Shield Repair Information Form.
• Step 2 — Contractor completes form and attaches detailed photos of the used or damaged trench shield(s), and sends to Efficiency.
• Step 3 — Efficiency will contact the contractor for a consultation about the shield(s), including their opinion on whether the shield(s) is repairable.
• Step 4 — Contractor ships the trench shield(s) to Efficiency Production. (Every effort will be made to assure that shields that are shipped can be repaired, but a visual inspection may reveal that a shield is beyond repair, in which case Efficiency does not pay shipping costs.)
• Step 5 — Efficiency’s Engineers inspect the shield(s) and conduct a structural analysis.
• Step 6 — Efficiency provides a quote to the contractor.
• Step 7 — Efficiency will repair the trench shield(s)’ broken or damaged components, including: top tubes (stringers), end tubes, spreader pipe collars, knife-edges, and punctured skin plates.
• Step 8 — If desired, Efficiency will retrofit older shields to current Efficiency specs, including adding triple vertical tube collar posts of 4 in. (10 cm) sidewall or larger, thru-wall welded reinforced collars, double tube top rail, and reinforcing 0.5-in. (1.3 cm) bar stock to top rail.
• Step 9 — Trench shield(s) are repainted, and then stamped with new OSHA compliant P.E. certified manufacturer’s tabulated data.
• Step 10 — Efficiency provides a final invoice, and arranges to ship the trench shield back to the contractor.
Steel trench shields are not the only trench safety and support equipment included in the new, exclusive repair and recertification service. Efficiency Production will refurbish all types of trench shielding, shoring, and support equipment, including:
• Slide Rail System components, such as steel posts and panels.
• Aluminum trench shields such as XLAP, aluminum modular Build-A-Box components such as panels and corner posts, and Corru-Lite (corrugated aluminum panel) shields.
• Hydraulic vertical shores, hydraulic walers, and hydraulic aluminum trench shields.
• Stone Mizer bedding material container.
Efficiency Production Inc., “America’s Trench Box Builder,” provides standard and custom trench shielding and shoring systems. Efficiency’s versatile products are designed specifically for safe and cost effective installation of utility systems and infrastructure improvements. All products are P.E. certified to meet OSHA standards.
For more information, call 800/552-8800 or visit www.efficiencyproduction.com.
Case Energizes Compact Equipment Market With Launch of Two Electrified Mini Excavators, D Series Mini Excavators