KAGE Innovation, based in Osceola, Wis., introduced its newest invention, the GreatER Bar, a skid steer grading attachment.
(KAGE Innovation photo)
KAGE Innovation, based in Osceola, Wis., and known for its commercial snowplow equipment, introduced its newest invention, the GreatER Bar, a skid steer grading attachment. This is KAGE's first attachment dedicated to the dirt and landscape industry.
The GreatER Bar, according to the company, is the only land plane attachment with mechanical ripper (scarifier) teeth, which can be easily activated without leaving the cab. The spring-loaded ripper bar retracts automatically when the skid steer is in reverse. This eliminates hydraulics and the need to manually lower the teeth. According to KAGE, the operator only needs to tap the locking lever on the ground using the skid steer boom movement.
"The GreatER Bar is the easiest land plane to use, you just rip and feather, all in one pass," said Mike Stephan, president, founder and inventor of KAGE Innovation.
KAGE's GreatER Bar is overbuilt by design. Its key mechanical pieces are built from HARDOX steel, which provides longer wear life and durability, according to the company. KAGE also uses heavy-duty corner gussets to increase durability.
Other features include:
- Adjustable foot to optimize ease of latching mechanism — The adjustable foot allows the operator to choose the amount of force needed to activate the latch. This allows each operator to be able to customize latching to their preference or adjust to different machines.
- Replaceable bolt-on cutting edge — Replacing cutting edges is made easier by utilizing a replaceable bolt-on edge that is beveled on both sides for better grading.
- Large safety step — The large safety step makes it easy to get in and out of the machine safely.
- Bucket holding klaw — When grading, operators often switch from grader to bucket frequently. The GreatER Bar allows operators to carry both to a job site together.
- Quick rip teeth — The teeth rip the ground easily to break up hard pack, potholes etc. The all-in-one grader system allows for easy operation.
- ½-in. attachment plate top bar — KAGE Innovation's reinforced heavy-duty attachment plate allows operators to do their job without breaking an attachment plate, part of KAGE's "Overbuilt by Design" philosophy.
"KAGE Innovation is providing innovative tools driven by experience, and this is the first attachment by KAGE that is dedicated to the dirt and landscape industry," said Stephan.
For more information, visit kageinnovation.com. CEG
Today's top stories