Komatsu America’s PC45MR-5 and PC55MR-5 hydraulic excavators feature tight tail swing radii, swing booms and convex sliding doors that hug the machine to help with work in tight spaces.
Komatsu America Corp.’s PC45MR-5 and PC55MR-5 hydraulic excavators feature tight tail swing radii, swing booms and convex sliding doors that hug the machine to help with work in tight spaces.
Featuring 2.19 L 38 hp, EPA Tier IV Final, 4D88E-7 engines, the new PC45MR-5 and PC55MR-5 use up to five percent less fuel than their predecessors with no loss to performance or productivity, according to the manufacturer.
“The PC45MR-5 and PC55MR-5 are designed for versatility, maneuverability, comfort and low operating costs,” said Kurt Moncini, Komatsu America product manager. “For most confined-area job sites with construction, utility, landscaping or similar applications, this is the right tool for the job,” Moncini said.
The new Tier IV Final engine is not only more fuel efficient, it has an after-treatment system that requires no diesel exhaust fluid (DEF). The Komatsu diesel particulate filter (KDPF) and other after-treatment components also are specifically designed to work in harmony with the engine for added efficiency and long life.
Additionally, the following features and improvements come standard on the PC45MR-5 and PC55MR-5 excavators:
• Enhanced working modes that allow operators to match engine speed and pump delivery to the application.
• Wide service doors that provide easy access for ground-level maintenance.
• A high-strength, X-track frame that deters dirt and debris buildup, saving operators valuable machine clean-up time.
• A tilt-up cab for easy access to hydraulic components and the back of the engine.
• New auto-idle shutdown and economy modes help save fuel and reduce machine wear.
• ROPS and OPG Level 1 certified cab and canopy options provide a durable, secure operator work environment.
• KOMTRAX telematics system and monitor provide key machine metrics, including KDPF status, fuel level, operating hours, location, cautions and maintenance alerts.
• New 3.5 in., high resolution LCD monitor with ecology guidance helps operators monitor machine performance to maximize fuel efficiency.
• Standard auxiliary piping for attachments and thumb mount provision on the arm provide job versatility in applications ranging from digging to demolition work, grabbing scrap to laying sewer pipe.
For more information, visit www.komatsuamerica.com.