The Komatsu XT series replaces the Valmet brand FX/FXL series.
Komatsu America Corp.’s new series of track feller bunchers and harvesters include the XT430-2, XT430L-2, XT445L-2 and XT450L-2. The Komatsu XT series replaces the Valmet brand FX/FXL series.
Built at Komatsu’s Chattanooga Manufacturing Operations facility in Tennessee, the new XT series maintains the reputation of the previous models but with improved serviceability, undercarriage design and maintenance. The new machine design is based on the Komatsu Engineering Standard.
The XT series features numerous upgrades to the machines’ undercarriage for improved durability of the track system. Improvements to the undercarriage design include:
• Roller guards extended to the front and back with improved track shoe support plate clearance to reduce track chain side loading on uneven ground.
• Cut-outs added to the track frame to reduce debris packing and improve roller maintenance
• Improved track drive sprockets with mud/snow relief to reduce packing
• New full length track slider plates provide greater larger surface area for extended life
• Two additional bottom track rollers have been added to the XT430L for better weight distribution and improved roller and track link life
• Increased XT430L idler recoil spring pre-load by 20 percent to maintain better track tension and positive sprocket engagement
The machines’ swing systems also have been improved in a number of ways. The swing drive now runs in a sealed grease bath for better pinion lubrication. In addition, improved gears with better hardening provide longer life, according to the manufacturer.
An updated swing bearing with dowels and swing machinery pilot hole provide better swing gear alignment and easy adjustment when servicing. An additional grease fitting added to the swing drive case helps extend bearing life.
The XT series have been designed for improved servicing on the machine. The engine oil filter location has been moved to make it easier to change and swing bearing lubrication points also have been relocated for easier access.
For more information, visit www.komatsuamerica.com.