Chuck Martz, president of Link-Belt Construction Equipment Co. in Lexington, KY, has been named chairman of the ConExpo-Con/AGG 2008 exposition, which will be held March 11 to 15, 2008, at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV.
ConExpo-Con/AGG is held every three years and will feature a comprehensive education program during the five-day exposition, with sessions emphasizing industry issues and trends, management and applied technology.
The show is run for and by the industry and Martz will lead a show management board of volunteer business executives from both the exhibitor and attendee sides.
30 Years of Industry Experience
Martz began his career with Link-Belt in 1975. He held various accounting and financial positions and was named vice president, Finance and Administration in 1990.
In 1994, he was named vice president of Manufacturing and in 1998, Martz assumed his current responsibility of president of Link-Belt Construction Equipment Co., which is a stand-alone subsidiary of Sumitomo Heavy Industries.
ConExpo-Con/AGG 2008 Management Board
Named as vice chairman of the ConExpo-Con/AGG 2008 management board is Michael Haberman, president of Gradall Company, New Philadelphia, OH.
Also serving on the ConExpo-Con/AGG 2008 management committee, in addition to Martz and Haberman, are:
• Thomas Baird IV, director of Sales and Marketing of CONCO Companies of Springfield, Springfield, MO;
• Steven Berglund, president/CEO of Trimble Navigation Ltd., Sunnyvale, CA;
• Brenton Cook, senior vice president of Aggregate Industries (retired), Marco Island, FL;
• Rick Feltes, vice president of Feltes Sand and Gravel Company Inc., Elburn, IL;
• Thomas Flynn, president of Flynn Ready-Mix Concrete Company, Dubuque, IA;
• Robert Garbini, president of National Ready Mixed Concrete Association, Silver Spring, MD;
• Debbie George, director of Marketing of Genie Industries, Redmond, VA;
• Charles Hawkins III, executive vice president and COO of National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association, Alexandria, VA;
• Chuck Hubscher, president of Hubscher and Son Inc., Mt. Pleasant, MI;
• Bill Mayo, vice president North American Commercial Division of Caterpillar Inc., Peoria, IL;
• Craig Olson, manager of Marketing Communications, Events and Promotions of John Deere Construction, Moline, IL;
• Richard Patek, president of Tecsmith Inc., Mequon, WI.
• David Rowles, president Utility Equipment of Ingersoll Rand Construction Technologies, Arlington, VA;
• Jim Russ, senior vice president of Aggregate Industries, Stevensville, MD;
• Dennis Slagle, president and CEO of Volvo Construction Equipment North America Inc., Asheville, NC;
• Dennis Slater, president of Association of Equipment Manufacturers, Milwaukee, WI;
• Ron Summers, senior vice president and general manager of California Portland Cement Company, Glendora, CA;
• Jeffry Swertfeger, director of Advertising of McNeilus Truck and Manufacturing Inc., Dodge Center, MN;
• Glen Tellock, president of Manitowoc Crane Group, Manitowoc, WI;
• Stephen Thomas, president of Consumers Concrete Corp., Kalamazoo, MI;
• Lynne Woodworth, president and CEO of Stone Construction Equipment Inc., Honeoye, NY.
ConExpo-Con/AGG show director is Megan Tanel of the Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM), the show’s organizer and producer.
For more information, call 800/867-6060 or visit www.conexpoconagg.com.