Milton CAT hosted one of a series of events that were held across New York and New England to introduce the next generation of Caterpillar machines. The educational seminar, held May 9, 2019, at Milton's Clifton Park, N.Y., location, included an opportunity for hands-on demonstrations to give customers a first-hand chance to learn how CAT's latest technologies can increase profitability with fuel savings, lower maintenance costs and increased production in easy to operate machines.
The machines exhibited included:
Excavators (22 to 39 ton [20 to 36 t]) offering:
- Up to 15 percent lower maintenance cost
- Longer life hydraulic and air filters
- No pilot lines or filters
- Ground-level engine oil level check (excluding 336)
- Approximately 20 percent reduction in hydraulic oil
- Extended maintenance intervals
- Up to 20 percent more fuel efficient (25 percent on 320 class)
- New electro-hydraulic control valve
- Smart mode
- On demand E fan system
- On-demand hydraulic fan system (336 only)
Mini-Excavators (1 & 2 ton, 7 to 10 ton [.9 & 1.8 ton, 6.3 to 9 t] offering:
- Four industry features: CAT exclusives — stick steer; cruise control; advanced monitor; high flow (high flow on 309 only, A/C on 301.8 and 302)
- Up to 15 percent lower total ownership cost
- Longer service intervals
- Lower repair costs
- Fewer parts
- Up to 20 percent more performance
- Lift, swing, travel and multi-function improvements
- Customizable operator settings
- High flow option for expanded applications (309 specific)
Dozers (D6) offering:
- Up to 12 percent lower maintenance cost
- Longer service intervals, fewer maintenance tasks
- More uptime and reduced cost with new engine and fuel system, undercarriage improvements
- Designed for long life, rebuild capability
- Up to 35 percent more fuel efficient (with XE machine)
- Automatically optimizes for maximum efficiency — no shifting required
- Faster finish grading through improved balance, purpose-built components
- New standard in cab visibility, comfort, productivity
- Up to 50 percent more productivity with CAT Connect Technology
- Finish faster with less effort, save time, increase profit
- CAT Grade with Slope Assist — better grades without GPS or laser
At Milton CAT Next Generation rollout events across New York and New England, contractors gathered to learn the advantages of the latest CAT technology and to have an opportunity to grab a little seat time.
Jason Hibbard, Milton CAT sales trainer, describes some of the new technology offered in the new CAT mini-excavators.
Mike Jouben, manager of SITECH Northeast, addresses some of the latest advancements in Trimble Grade Control Technology and how it further enhances the return on investment from Caterpillar purchases
Tiger Gorick of Gorick Construction describes his experience working with the engineers and product development experts at Trimble and SITECH as they gathered his feedback to improve and perfect their product offerings.
A delicious grilled barbecue lunch was provided compliments of Milton CAT.
One of the featured machines was this CAT D6XE, a high drive electric drive dozer with fully integrated CAT Grade Control and a 35 percent increase in fuel efficiency.
Jason Hibbard of Milton CAT directs the attention of attendees to the improved service and maintenance features of the Next Generation CAT 330 excavator
At day’s end, all interested parties were invited to grab a seat and take the controls for a first-hand experience.