Navistar Inc. has introduced OnCommand by Navistar — a bundled approach to service and after-sales support offerings.
OnCommand helps customers achieve more efficient repairs and maintenance, better lifecycle value and an overall lower total cost of ownership — a combination that gives customers increased visibility and better control of their business.
“With OnCommand, our customers have a partner who truly understands that keeping drivers on the road is imperative to their business success,” said Jim Hebe, Navistar senior vice president, North American sales operations. “By bundling our current array of service and parts offerings under one umbrella, OnCommand will allow our customers easier access to critical vehicle, parts and training information to ensure maximum uptime.”
From online service manuals and preventative maintenance technologies to enhanced supply chain tools and innovative technician training, customers large and small are able to better manage their costs by leveraging the services and support that OnCommand delivers, according to Navistar.
Available through the International, IC Bus, and Workhorse dealer network, Navistar’s OnCommand by Navistar provides:
• Access to a 24-hour call center with an integrated breakdown and repair service and the ability to view specific case files online
• Online OEM/dealer/customer communication portal, providing a streamlined interface to manage all aspects of a repair
• Diagnostics software that provides critical diagnostic data for both engine and chassis
• Breakdown management that includes all aspects from the side-of-the-road until the unit is out of the shop
• Comprehensive dealer-provided routine maintenance that is flexible while providing 30-, 71- or 83-point inspections
• Consistent network-wide labor times and parts pricing programs
• 4-hour diagnostic advisory and electronic communications to keep the dealer and fleet connected during the repair process
• Innovative estimating tools that help deliver consistent parts and service pricing throughout the International Truck dealer network
• Service information — Access VIN level detail of service information well as online service manuals, warranty history, wiring diagrams and more.
• Knowledge Systems to provide recommended repair solutions based on failure description.
• Parts information — Online parts catalog with visual-based search and shopping cart ordering availability
• Parts catalogs that easily source products online in user-friendly illustrations
• On-line service manuals and troubleshooting guidelines for quick and effective fixes
• Custom branded fleet education portal providing full vehicle education resources for engine service, cab systems and Meritor brake systems, to name a few
• Customers have administrative access to manage training and customize reporting
• Online, self-guided instructional tools for in-house technician training
“Our ’beyond-the-truck’ approach is focused on providing customers with a one-stop shop for all their truck needs,” Hebe added. “Along with the most extensive line-up of integrated trucks and engines available, and one of the largest and most comprehensive dealer networks in North America, our OnCommand suite of service tools combine to give customers the best after-sales support in the industry.”
For more information, visit www.Navistar.com.