Our Main Office
Construction Equipment Guide
470 Maryland Drive
Fort Washington, PA 19034
Wed October 11, 2017 - West Edition #21
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers held a two-day auction at its site in Fort Worth, Texas, selling more than 3,800 equipment items and trucks for more than $52 million.
More than 4,900 people from 55 countries registered to bid in the unreserved public auction on Sept. 27 to 28, including more than 3,450 registering to bid online.
U.S. buyers purchased 90 percent of the equipment, including 47 percent purchased by Texas buyers, while international buyers from as far away as Singapore, Saudi Arabia and Germany purchased 10 percent of the equipment.
“With a full auditorium and strong participation online, we achieved solid equipment and truck pricing on both days of the auction,” said Neal Black, regional sales manager, Ritchie Bros. “Along with large numbers of local and national buyers, we saw a lot of bids from international registrants in this auction, particularly bidders from Mexico, who were buyers or runner-up bidders on many items. We would like to thank all our consignors, bidders and buyers — we look forward to seeing you at our next auction.”
Ritchie Bros. sold equipment for more than 645 owners in the Fort Worth auction. Highlights included more than 285 truck tractors; more than 295 trailers; more than 135 excavators; more than 115 skid steers; 90 loaders; more than 70 compactors; more than 45 dozers; 75 flatbed trucks; 55 dump trucks; more than 85 aerial work platforms; more than 20 cranes; and more. All items were sold without minimum bids or reserve prices.
Specific equipment sales highlights:
• two 2007 Caterpillar D6N LGP crawler tack tractors sold for a combined $515,000;
• two Terex RT555-2 55-ton rough terrain cranes sold for a combined $460,000;
• a 2007 Terex Demag AC200 240-ton 10x8x8 all-terrain crane sold for $450,000;
• a 2014 Volvo A40F articulated dump truck sold for $205,000;
• a 2014 Case CX470C LC hydraulic excavator sold for $195,000; and
• a 2012 Caterpillar 140M2 VHP Plus motor grader sold for $150,000.
Auction Quick Facts:
• Total Gross Auction Proceeds — more than $52 million
• Amount sold to online bidders — more than $30 million (58 percent)
• Total registered bidders (in person and online) — more than 4,900
• Registered online bidders — more than 3,450
• Total lots sold — more than 3,800
• Number of sellers — more than 645
Ritchie Bros. currently has more than 40,000 equipment items, trucks, and other assets listed for sale in its upcoming onsite unreserved auctions, IronPlanet weekly online auctions and its other marketplaces. For those looking to sell, Ritchie Bros. is now accepting consignments for its next Texas auction in Houston, Nov. 8 to 9, and is always accepting consignments for our IronPlanet online marketplaces.
For more information, visit rbauction.com, ironplanet.com and equipmentone.com.